Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Bachelorette Number Two, What kitchen appliance would you be and why?

I have not put too much effort into the match.com thing as it really bored me very quick actually. Lots of pretty pics but empty people.
I do occasionally respond to one here and there, but given the multitude of emails that I am sure most women get, I am sure I get lost in the shuffle for most. I have never been much for ‘playing the numbers’ anyhow unless painting by the numbers is considered playing. Nevertheless, there have been two very lucky contestants that have moved to the next stage of the dating game, i.e. I am doing that phone talky thingy. Ladies and gentlemen meet Bachelorette Number One and Bachelorette Number Two.
Both are wise enough to have some value to wine and are fellow cat parents so several bonus points there.

Bachelorette Number One (B1) hails from/is originally from the Midwest and is an Accountant working on a graduate degree. She is an accomplished pianoist (shut up Beavis!) and appreciates good jazz, good wine, and the occasional ski weekend. She finds solitude in sitting under a willow tree while observing koi glide gracefully in the pond below. She would most describe herself as a bookshelf, an eclectic mix of books that fit the various facets of her personality and her adventures. Her most adventurous moment was jumping out of a perfectly good airplane for fun. She likes hanging out in jazz clubs with mysterious people.

Bachelorette Number Two(B2) hails from/is originally from Southern California and is an Environmental Engineer with one of those advanced degree things. She is an accomplished violinist and plays in a local symphony in her spare time. A balanced individual with very artistic and analytical interests, her creative spirit comes from looking at the world through many lenses. She most describes herself like a dinner table. Strong and sturdy in personality, she has various moods that change as appropriate to match the company as a tablecloth would match the occasion. Growing up with one parent who spoke Mandarin and one who spoke Cantonese, she is fluent in both Chinese dialects. Add Spanish, and of course English to the mix, and she can speak to a significant majority of the world surrounding her.

I will admit that B2 intrigues me more but B1 seems easier to chat with so who knows. I will probably try and see if I can grab a cup of coffee or wine with each next week, but for now I am just happy to chat with them on the phone at this point. Both are in the upper part of mid-twenties so they are younger than I would prefer and that may or may not show sometime, but for whatever reason they seem to fit those that I have ended up dating the last few years: Generally very edumacated with strong views on the world in front of them, some significant portion of them is very artistic (musically or literary), and they seem to be several years younger than I (though I would actually prefer older than myself).

Any questions from the audience for B1 or B2? :)

5 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger seaslover said…

    Hmmm... are you moving anytime soon that you didn't mention to me?? Midwest and Southern Cali - and you're in Phoenix? Are you meeting them virtually (i.e. webcam?) I'm confused!
    As for my opinion (which I personally wouldn't take since I seem to screw up every relationship - all 2 of them - that I've ever been in - here's my 2 cents) - I always go for the conversationalist. I love a talker - when I'm old, gray, unattractive and crotchety I want someone to hold my hand and talk to me! Yes, lame, probably why I'm still single - lol! - j

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    Sorry.... should have said... originally from the Midwest and Southern California. They live in Phoenix now.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Well, dahlink....any updates on how this turned out??

    Your boring old married friends live vicariously through you, don't you know?

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, Inquiring minds want to know...what has happenend...any wine any dates?????

    ED wants to know if there is any sex?

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    K and B,
    Wine and dates? Sounds like a good meal. I have been a bit busy lately so I have pretty much only chatted on the phone but yes, one date tomorrow at one wine bar and then next Wednesday at another wine bar. Now if I can just keep my wine bars straight all will be good. :)

    Tell Ed to get his gutter out of the mind. :) Even if there was, I would not say anything given that I am all proper and modest and such! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home