Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Friday, March 25, 2005

Taking the Plunge aka Time to Become Certifiable!

The thought of Scuba diving has crossed my mind from time to time. Lately has been one of those times and a friend who did some Scuba diving in Australia offered to join me on my certification dives if I ever did decide to do it. So beginning the middle of next month, I will be on my way to being certifiable. Further posts may document this little adventure. For now, the class and the actual dive in San Carlos, Mexico are just something to look forward to for the future. Diving by day and Mexican wine by night! Wahoo!

I am not sure what to expect but something tells me I will learn that in the classroom. I even have to drop by a week ahead of the class to pick up my homework. It is a strange feeling when I am actually looking forward to homework! :)

2 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Very cool! You'll love it.

    And I would be honored to be your dive buddy anyday (rescue diver certified, BTW.)

    Wishing you 100' of vis and lotsa bottom time!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger seaslover said…

    Dragon-
    Okay - WOOHOO!!! Come to Florida baby!! We've got the Keys :) I know a place where you walk/stumble out of your hotel room and fall onto the boat the next day :)
    A word of warning from someone who has done the Duval Crawl and then dove the next morning (and yes, you CAN blow chunks thru a regulator and you will be immediately surrounded by hungry fish....) - drink LOTS of water AFTER you dive BEFORE you imbibe! Of course, I am not speaking from experience - I am the innocent/tame one ;)
    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home