Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Friday, February 04, 2005

Women and Wine

Greetings yet again all,
Today's subject is an interesting mix but probably my favorite combination: Women and wine... heh heh
Last night I actually had the chance to combine the two for at least a wine tasting. Wine tastings lately have been getting more to my liking lately so I may start going to them on a much more regular basis again. Generally they are full of people ready to retire or full of very early twentysomethings just learning to be yuppies. As I am somewhere in between and both groups use pretentiousness to destroy the fun of enjoying my precious grape juice, I have slowed from my original pace (meaning if there was a wine tasting, I was there). Yesterday was a pleasant exception to the rule. I was originally going to try to crash a Scottsdale Jaycees meeting as I am looking for another group of those volunteer types to hang with, but did not time getting out of work that well. Alas, I had to go to a wine tasting at my latest local hangout, Tapino. Given that I was late, there was really only one more place to sit and that happened to be next to this very cute blonde. Generally, I will admit, I am less inclined towards focusing on blondes but exceptions to the rule are always a nice thing for me anyhow. She was actually very pleasant to talk to and actually became mesmerizing quite quickly. I am always fascinated by someone who worked in Europe (Air Force) out of high school and spent time and the limited money on actually seeing what was around them in place of just drinking the opportunity away. She had quite a few interesting stories and was one of those rare ones that seems to get more lovely the more that is said. I did grab a glass of wine after the wine tasting and chatted with her a bit more. Granted I kept forgetting to actually drink the wine (over two hours later I still had half a glass), but that is beside the point. ;)
OK, so I expect the question: So when ya going to see her again?
Well, here is why women confuse me…. And of course, why I confuse myself…
During the conversation, I did get blessed with a few touches on the shoulder and a lot of eye contact, but I can be relatively sure she was not quite mesmerized by me at least at this point (perhaps she needs convincing… heh heh). There was interest, but fairly guarded interest and she seemed to keep herself quite busy on purpose. Long story short, though she will be at the wine tasting at the same place two weeks from now, she politely indicated that with her being out of town next week and busy with school she would not have the chance to see ‘Sideways’ with me. I am guessing I will end up seeing that with just me anyhow. Admittedly, because I am a bit slow on the getting to know people side of things and knew it was possible I would run into her on future wine tastings, I did not try too hard anyhow. Aggressiveness is something I am still learning. LOL
It was nice chatting with her nonetheless and she actually really seemed to like the chance to just be listened to for a change. So all in all, it was a good night and while there are still possibilities in my mind, women can be too confusing sometimes to hold my breath. Who’s next? LOL

2 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger seaslover said…

    Okay - I say go for it if you see her again. She will a) remember you for listening to her and b) be intrigued as to perhaps why you may not have asked for her number and c) be intrigued by why you did not "press" her aggressively as some men sometimes do. Remember, we sometimes play hard to get (it seems instinctive....) and we want to feel listened to and respected - big one is respect. A guy who pushes it with me gets nowhere fast. Of course, there are other women out there, this is just one woman's opinion :)

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    I second that! Give her another chance....maybe she just didn't want to see that movie, but seeing you in another circumstance may be a different matter. ;)

    Blondes ARE more fun, anyways, but then again I am biased.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home