Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

This doesn’t help!

I will admit I am somewhat neurotic about flying sometimes. It is less a fear of flying and more of a fact that my body does not do turbulence too well. As such, I am generally fine with commercial jets, but really do not like turboprops. I get the joy of flying one once a year to get to the annual family reunion in Oregon. The trip from Portland to Bend crosses over the Cascades and can have more than a few bumps. I find the concept of looking out the window and seeing Mount Hood at eyelevel is both beautiful and disconcerting.

Why am I mentioning this? I am reconsidering my trip to Translyvania and might take something in more flexible so I can go during Labor Day weekend and not use up too many precious and dwindling vacation days. There might be enough left for the Thanksgiving cruise I was looking at after all if I change things around as well. So I can still claim to do Europe I thought about the Scottish Highlands.

The Scottish Highlands will give me that solitary side vacation I need every so often anyhow. Who knows, I may even stay in a haunted castle or lighthouse. I will do a few Scotch distilleries though. Oh, and yes, I will say hi to Nessie for you all.

So back to the plane thing… There were a few reasonable deals that did Phoenix to London on the standard 747 jet and then London to Inverness on a plane type I was not familiar with. I wanted to make sure it was not a turboprop! Googling a list of images I find this! OOPS! I suppose if you are going to do something stupid you might as well do it right. Still, it is probably best not to do it where you can get it on tape. Of course one of the pictures gives me great relief to know it is not a turboprop, but I am not really interested in flying this exact plane.

Just to add, I found this amusing in a way.

1 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Nothing like controlled anger....look at the nice, symmetrical cuts on the tail section! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home