Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wineaux the Magic Dragon

I had wine and cheese for dinner last night with a coworker and her dogs. These were the same dogs that I had over the weekend while a few coworkers went skiing this weekend. As dogs go, they are actually very mild mannered and my cats seemed to tolerate them being around. On the other hand, I could see the cats were relieved to have the dogs not in the house anymore. Still, I wish I had the time for a dog as they appear to be good women magnets. :)

They appear to work better than the pet iguana idea that someone told me about a few weeks ago. Somehow the concept of “ooooo… what a cute lizard, I hope his dad will take me home tonight” does not quite make sense to me. Although, maybe the guy wanted someone less attractive around to make him look better? Dunno, as the friend of mine never said anything about that. This individual even appeared to be the subject of the “That Guy” skit that a local radio station does. It basically pokes fun at the most lame of the male side of the coin.

Speaking of lizards, in other news Kory O emailed me about an upcoming special on Dragons. I really don’t know why anyone would think I would have an interest in dragons, of course. :) I suppose I have plenty of time to get cable or, more likely, find a friend with cable and offer some wine for the viewing/taping. I am not really much of a TV watcher though I try not to miss the ever sophisticated “Le Simpsons”.

Just other random thoughts of the morning involve what are evidently called mondegreens or misheard lyrics. A coworker of mine had the lyrics to Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer” in her head because of the misheard lyric “Hold me close, Tony Danza” in place of “Hold me close, Tiny Dancer”. As such I could not resist but to find a place somewhere with a list of them. Here is a place where I found a slew of mondegreens.

1 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Well, c'mon over to the swingin' penthouse! We can arrange a dragon night for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home