Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It has begun…. Countdown to Swimming with the Fishies!

Last night was the inaugural Scuba class at Oasis. Recent news regarding a good friend and a Scuba accident concerned me initially about my choice to jump into this but mostly because the timing, combined with a few other bad things happening to others around me led me to believe someone was trying to tell me something. It is not like I am superstitious or anything! J Nevertheless, seeing pictures of the little fishies got me excited again about putting a positive spin on the concept of “swimming with the fishes” although I am not up for swimming with the sharks just yet and besides I see enough of those around at the local bars anyhow. So what did Norm the Wineaux think of the first Scuba class?

Well, I got to sign my name on a lot of little pieces of paper to start so it did not initially hold too much excitement, but the videos were entertaining and the individuals (seven of us total) taking the class with me seemed to be a generally normal lot. Other than the videos and being shown the equipment it was somewhat dull but pool instruction is on Thursdays so I am looking forward to this Thursday. Oh, there was a quiz that I aced! I am so proud of myself! heh heh Nothing like a multiple choice answer quiz where the answers are already there anyhow.

Multiple choice tests seem to amuse me anymore. When I lived in Georgia I had to take the driver’s test to switch my AZ to a GA one. At the time, and I am sure they still do, they had these fancy-dandy computers that tested you. Evidently they unceremoniously shut off if you miss more than the allowed five questions. The lady next to me went up to the counter to complain that her computer was broken when they informed her of her test failure. However, she was convinced the computer was broken as she was only on question seven if memory serves me correctly. She was told she would have to wait a week to take the test, at which time she stormed out and drove away. I was done with the test during her argumentative state and had to wait for her to get done so I could finish the process. Needless to say, I was in no hurry to get on the road with her.

1 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Wanna bet she missed how to spell her name correctly? ;)

    Keep us posted on your diving adventures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home