Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Norm, the wineaux goes for a swim!

I am steadily getting more and more active and generally do not break much of a sweat with cardio workouts lately. Yesterday was exactly one week before I start the Scuba training so I decided to jump into a pool at a local park and start swimming. I only lasted about 20 minutes or so in the water before getting very tired and hungry. I think I have a lot of work to do there, but plenty of time to work on it anyhow.

To console myself for my poor water performance, I stopped by one of the wine bars near work. I might as well be Norm here with the exception that I pay my bill. The bartender generally has my wine poured before I make it to the bar. Last night there were evidently cancellations to the wine dinner they were having and the owner invited me to jump into one of the open spaces as his guest. I suppose there are advantages to spending way too much money at wine bars…. Or maybe I am just such a great guy. :) I did enjoy it tremendously though I will admit it probably did not do my attempt at reducing caloric intake much good.

7 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger seaslover said…

    Well, I will say just one thing - there is NOTHING like a "beverage" after a day of diving. So, if you think the wine was good after just swimming for 20 minutes - wait until you do a two tank dive and you're down for almost 2 hours - oh, BLISS!!! :) - j

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    I second what seaslover says. Sometimes, that beverage is the best dive of the day.

    However, sticking it out for 20 minutes your first time is pretty damn good. Give yourself some credit!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    KO,
    Actually I did think 20 minutes was pretty good for me, considering my typical desert rat tendencies.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    Never said I did break a sweat when swimming... but if I do, I sure seem to sweat a lot there...

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Actually, you DO break a sweat while swimming, but the water washes it away.

    Or at least it should wash it away...

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    Water washes things? So is that what those shower/bath things are for? I never actually have tried one of those fancy washing machines...

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Hey, don't indiscriminately run amok, now. All things in moderation!

    A bath a week oughta do it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home