Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Cry me an Elmo!

I know I am hardly alone in the fact that I grew up on Sesame Street, but the latest incarnation of Sesame Street in Japan focuses on emotions and emotional conflict. I am wondering what memories will result from this change. While I will occasionally have “Conjunction Junction, what’s your function?” and “a loaf of bread, a stick of butter, a gallon of milk” pop into my head I can only speculate to what these memories might be. Maybe “Anger management, how do you permit contentment?” or “a bottle of antidepressants, a stick of chocolate, a gallon of coffee”

I also wonder what the other characters are going to be like? Are Bert and Ernie finally allowed to admit they’re gay? Does Cookie Monster become the Pokey Monster (or better yet, the Man Pokey Monster)? Does Oscar find his inner self and become Oscar the Gratified? Does Kermit the Frog focus only on news about the warmth a smile brings or commentary on the mind of a person who has just been betrayed?

2 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sascha said…

    It's worse. Cookie Monster is going on a diet and is going to learn that cookies are a 'sometimes' food. He's going to learn how to eat healthy.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Maybe next season Bert & Ernie will go to the pride parade?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home