Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Jesters, Basketballs, and Firepits Oh My!

Another day has passed with the following results:
At the RenFest:
A) I found my mead and turkey leg but not any more of my jester costume.
B) Although I love to watch Irish Gigs, there needs to be energy in the dancers for it to really be fun to watch.
C) Guys just do not have the muscles and body form to belly dance and it is very very scary to watch.
D) I can evidently effectively give ever so loveable friends advice via cell phone while a parade of fools, knights, and rednecks with turkey legs walk by.
E) Traffic in Phoenix is bad on a Saturday only when very unwanted.
At the basketball game:
A) Will call is very polite even when you are late and impatient.
B) The gal behind my dad and I is still very annoying and needs to be shot with a water gun repeatedly until she develops at least one brain cell!
C) Arizona State basketball seems to find a way to lose whenever possible
At the party:
A) Firepits are very entertaining.
B) Kids like sparklers.
C) I like wine!
D) Smores are still good
E) They hid the lampshades from me!

OK, actually, it was a very good day. I did enjoy watching a lot of folk dance to start the day. I chatted with a cruise friend a bit and may just have to take her up on that offer of being allowed to visit on Memorial Day weekend as I will need an escape by then. It is always nice to see a basketball game even if it is watching my rivals (I am Univ. of Arizona Alum and my dad takes me to Arizona State games from time to time). My friends are getting older and so the parties seem to end earlier and earlier. I was the last to leave this one at 10pm. Still it is good to see a few of them. I just wish I had been given the chance to try on at least one lampshade!
Tomorrow is my first attempt at rock climbing. I am strangely nervous as heights have not been one of my favorite things though I am always needing to try new things so here goes it!


6 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sascha said…

    Where to start?

    You will love rock climbing. It's all a brain puzzle and the rope makes you feel safe as long as you trust your partner. It's pretty impossible to drop someone while top-roping. Lead climbing is scarier, but I bet you won't be doing that. Just remember to push with your feet, not pull with your fingers.

    I have issues with heights as well, but rock climbing helped me figure out that I'm afraid of falling off/down things (cliffs, stairs, etc) and that being roped in and going up something doesn't bother me.

    Don't ask about the hike down though (*shudder*). Learn to rappel which is also still scary to me, but less scary than hiking off.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Sascha said…

    Mid Eastern Dance:

    I've done that too :) The men's style is different and, while I've never found it appealing, it's still a valid art form.

    If I could find the time in my life, I'd take it up again although I've given away most of my ethnic-wear. I did it while I played in the SCA (I don't do that any more at all).

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Sascha said…

    Lampshades:

    I'm sending you a lampshade for your birthday. When's that?

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger seaslover said…

    I would kill to see a pic of you in a lampshade - what a riot that would be!! But, maybe not quite as fun as "feeding time" ;)
    Glad you survived the day - thanks again for the call :) I'm doing better and I'll update you later this week with results of the big mess that I didn't tell you about - enjoy the Superbowl if you're going to watch it :) j

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DC,
    Ummmm.... as far as the Mid Eastern Dance goes... The guy just volunteered from the audience so it was not quite ummm.... professional. Granted, I am starting to get daring in my old age lately and almost volunteered myself, just for the experience.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    DC,
    At the end of June. Looking forward to the shade, given that it will be summer then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home