Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Up Up and Away!

Today I attempted something new and found I did enjoy it though I need more practice. INDOOR ROCK WALL CLIMBING!!! I will be honest, I hate heights, period! Combined with my wonderful imagination (not really a blessing here!), I tend to avoid the height thing unless the reward is great. However, there are so many wonderful hiking trails in Arizona that have points that are a bit... ummm.... hey nice view straight down combined with is that really still the trail! LOL Because I refuse to not enjoy the beauty of the world around me, I need to really challenge the dislike of heights. Although it was great to go out and do something with a good group of friends, the above concern was the real reason for this venture. Silly as it sounds to me anyhow, I get a great satisfaction in dashing to pieces anything that limits me. That said, skydiving is not exactly next!

Although, I will admit I never quite made it to the top before thinking too much about things, that really disappeared quite quickly. I am told I almost did a few times though perspective was a bit different actually going up the wall. I simply had friends who kept challenging me to do the more difficult ones with them. As such I ended up in midair more often than on the cliff. One thing of note though, I actually found hanging there or the trip down soothing. Of course next time I hope there is not a child's birthday party going on so I can make it to the top of the easy part and give my ego and developing coordination skills a boost!

Thanks Rawdog and gang for the adventure!


0 Pennies for My Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home