Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Heart of Darkness, Soul of Reflection

Today there was a world after my rock climbing adventure. After attending a memorial service for my aunt's mom, I wandered back across town. The service was short and as I live on the far far far far East side and the service was on the far West side of the Phoenix area, I made my way back rather slowly. I grew up on the near West side (if there is such a term/place) and drove by my old high school, old house, and old hangouts. Of course I expected not to recognize anything, but I was suprised how small my neighborhood appeared and how closed in everything appeared. I have not been back through that area in years and years so it was interesting to do so. I will admit that I expected to have a few memories pop up or really think "Wow, things are different!" In reality, nothing came to mind.... Just, OK, time to go find some wine now that I am headed through downtown. Weird to me that I did not seem to care about my childhood or growing up anymore. Anyone else end up feeling that way anymore?

The trip for wine downtown yielded good things! I am not quite a fan of Joseph Conrad or the book Heart of Darkness or the movie Apocalypse Now, but the wine is a different story. It is a good basic Cab Franc blend and I would recommend it for anyone looking for an intro to Cab Francs.... Relatively inexpensive and balanced. So now I know where to get it!

Cheers!

0 Pennies for My Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home