Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Idea for getting the inlaws to go home?

Although I ran across this amusing article today, I am generally unamused this morning probably because I am back at work after a brief escape of a vacation that was not quite as relaxing as I would like. I did enjoy the wine as always (I am not sure when I would not though), but the food poisoning incident and toothache that will probably lead to another fun experience at the dentist did not really make this trip the pinnacle of relaxation.

Meeting the parents was really not too bad though I did not score too many points initially by not calling her back after the winery trip until late, mostly because I was enjoying the food poisoning incident at that time. Her parents were pleasant but very quiet and her dad actually seemed very nervous at times for whatever reason. This I found odd because I felt the nervous part should be my job unless there was something to hide. :)

Anyhow, I think I survived it and actually feel better now that I have complained. Funny how complaining to the world makes it all better somehow. :)

And now to the article that amused me...

Man sets fire in own home to get rid of guests

Associated Press
May. 31, 2005 08:05 AM
GENEVA, Ill. - Some people will do just about anything to get unwanted house guests to leave. But police say Dean Craig went too far.

Craig, 46, was charged with felony arson after allegedly splashing rubbing alcohol on the floor of his home and igniting it with a lighter early Sunday, the Kane County Sheriff's office said.

Nobody was injured. Police say Craig had asked two unwanted visitors to leave, but they refused. Then he allegedly carried out a threat to light the house on fire.

Craig was being held on $25,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on June 9.

0 Pennies for My Thoughts:

Post a Comment

<< Home