Deep Thoughts Only Partially Influenced by Wine

"Where there is impossibility, there is possibility; and where there is possibility, there is impossibility. It is because there is right, that there is wrong; it is because there is wrong, there is right...Thereupon the self is also the other; the other is also the self." --Zhuangzi

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dating is complicated, Match is just plain silly!

Match.com has gotten interesting again. I am getting more responses to my responses already, but they are generally of the type.

“Thanks for the email, your email and profile were very creative. You are a very eloquent writer and appear to be a very interesting person. However, we are just not a match.”

Ummm… thanks, I think. I appreciate that they have taken the time to respond back of course, but I am always tempted to respond back in the following manner (keeping in mind of course that it is in amused jest… not bitterness, cuz me is never bitter! Heh heh):

“Thank you for responding back. So you are more interested in morons instead of a creative, eloquent, and intelligent dude, eh? Personally I am more interested in those less-on types, but that is just the gentleman I am! Heh heh

Cheers!”

I have looked at far too many ads to take much seriously on Match anymore so I have decided to change my personal yet again to play on much of what I tend to be seeing. I will keep the disclaimer of course.

Matches are good, lighters are better!

There must be chemistry, but there must also be physics, biology, geology, math, and applied statistics. After all they are sciences too! Granted meteorology just doesn’t count as meteorologists are just too much of an odd lot anyhow. Be warned, I am a guy who likes to play games. My favorites include various board games, hop scotch, golf, and Doctor.

I might be Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now. The only thing I am sure of is I am here now. Besides, I know a lot of lefties who you would leave out if you were only searching for Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now (And no, I am not a lucky lefty). So tell me where are you, here, there or everywhere?

My idols include, but are not limited to, Taz, Beaker, and Wile E. Coyote. I have been known to be adventurous from time to time and just finished my scuba certification. As I need something next to tackle, I decided to try this dating thing I hear so much about. I like sweets, have charms to keep the boogie monster away, and might be sensitive if kicked hard enough. I have been told I am funny looking, I mean look like I might be funny, I mean funny. Connection is very important to me as I really don’t think I could handle being around people who just fall apart anyhow. I love the art of spoiling which is probably why I always seem to forget my lunch on the kitchen counter every morning.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Disclaimer: As I know us human being types always have at least a little baggage some is acceptable. However, please limit your baggage to your carry-on, making sure it will fit securely in the overhead bins or underneath the seat in front of you. I appreciate your cooperation in this matter. I know you have a choice in who you date and I appreciate you choosing to date me this evening. I look forward to dating you in the future.

Granted the above is just a first draft. I will change/add to it a bit for awhile.

4 Pennies for My Thoughts:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Sascha said…

    That's good. It could use a little tightening, but I think it's cute and funny. You might want to make sure you get some actual details in the other sections. I like to know what guys spend their time doing.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger DragonStormInAZ said…

    DC,
    Thanks. Yup... Still working on the tightening up/tidying up a bit. The other sections are still yet to come. I will worry about these updates more when I get back from the holiday escap e anyhow.

    I suppose I better leave my cow tipping hobby out of the other details? :)

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger KoryO said…

    Call it "xtreme cow-tipping" and you might have a winner there.....

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger seaslover said…

    Where are u??? - j

     

Post a Comment

<< Home